Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Tuesday: 3 days to go before flight time. Today we hit London as touristy type people. Deciding the underground would not be a good idea until 9.30 we had cruizey morning and the headed in at 10am. Jacqui's been looking forward to this trip for some time so away we went to Madame Tussauds to check out the Waxy people. we were not expecting the way they were set out where you can interact with the models, I stood waiting to take a picture of Patrick Stewart when Jacqui told me I was waiting behind a waxwork photographer, did I feel a fool O yes. What an brilliant time we had, although we didn't do the scream experience which looked similar to the york dungeon we had previously done. the last part of Madame Tussauds was the 4D movie Marvel Characters was certainly a Wow factor show. The 2nd part of the day was spent at the Tower of London, I didn't realise how big it was inside, we came here in 84 but missed the opportunity to enter as we were late in the day and the Crown Jewels were in Australia having a holiday. This time we got the tour and the time to explore, although we still missed the chopping block in the top room of the White Tower. Time ticked by when we were told it was closing time. We spent a little time looking into the Thames and reflecting on what we have done during our holiday, I have to say Tower Bridge has never looked so good. On the way back to our hotel we stopped in Kensington for Dinner in a Restaurant we found on a side st. the food was good, as day turned into night we found the tube to our room. Tomorrow he head off to find Legoland on our last day before we fly.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment